Deadline extended once more. Next deadline: Saturday 23rd. This is the final extension.
I will probably regret doing this with only one actual feedback from the previous journal but screw me...
As the title says, it's contest time! Take a few minutes to read through these words, please, where I explain how it will work, the rules, what you have to do, what you may win, etc.THEME
Charizard. As simple as that. Just draw Charizard. It can be a shiny Charizard, a regular Charizard, a portrait of a Charizard, a battling Charizard; do it as you want.RULES
- Give your work good effort for quality. Although I often prize creativity over graphical quality, due to the nature of the prize the looks of your picture will add some good weight to the judgement.
- Stay focused on the theme. You can add anything you want in the picture: Other Pokémon, humans, animals, cars, bagels, flying pink narwhals or even a Creeper playing Kinect. All in all, the Pokémon Charizard must be the center of attention of the picture. It must to outshine anything else you put in it. Like give Charizard a ballet tutu and draw it playing the Swan Lake
. (Ok, I'm joking with this bit. XD)
- Be creative, naturally! You can just draw Charizard and make it look bad@$$, but if you give it an action, like being engaged on an epic battle with a worthy opponent and a cool dynamic pose and/or angle... boy that would be awesome. Well, you know what I mean. Give your work some life by being creative.
- Keep it clean. Make it so your artwork can be viewed and enjoyed by people of all ages. With all my respect, (I'll sound rude here) I honestly don't give a damn about "mature art", and do not in fact consider it art at all but just a fancy form of pornography. So now that I have been very clear about that, make it nice. C:
- If you draw on traditional media (on paper/canvas/etc), make sure the scanned product is decent. If you can only take a photo of your hand drawn work, make sure it is in good quality and has good illumination, otherwise I might deny it. Remember, this is a contest and the better your entry looks the best!
- The picture for the contest must be new. You are not allowed to submit something you have drawn prior to the contest. In other words: No recycling older pictures. Your submission must to be something created entirely for the contest, only.DEADLINE
Starting from February 1st
, you'll have 30 days to complete your entries, making the deadline for drawing and
submitting March 2nd
. On the 3rd of March I won't accept any more entries until further notice. I'll reserve myself at least a week for reviewing and judging the submissions so stay tuned for the results up to a week after the deadline. New contestants can enter during the run of the contest, naturally, but the deadline remains the same: March 2nd. EDIT: Deadline extended. Final time is now March 16th.EDIT 2: Deadline extended. Final time is now March 23rd.
So with this, I am giving the contestants the green light to start their works. Guys, you may begin the awesome now. :3
If for some reason something happens and the deadline needs to be extended, I'll make sure to announce. If for some reason you
need more time, you'll have to inform me as soon as possible.
Not fully decided yet. I'm thinking of a month. It really will depend only on if enough people will participate or rather... </i>if</i> people will participate in this contest. You can sign up for it but the deadline will only start counting when I think there is enough competition. If I can get at least five or six people it will be perfect. My suggestion is that if you join, that you wait until I announce the begin of the deadline period, just so you don't waste hours working on something only to find out it was for nothing. But feel free to start right after your name is entered in the contest if you wish. I am just suggesting.REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
This is the tricky part, my friends. You can participate if you don't meet these requirements, but if you win, the prize can only be delivered if you meet them, otherwise I'll have to transfer it to someone else.
- You must to own or have access to a Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL portable video game system;
- You must to be able to connect your system to the internet somehow;
- You must to own or have access to a generation 4 Pokémon game: Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver;
- You must to be able to connect your game to the internet for an online trade;
- You must to be advanced enough in your game so you can use the WiFi features it has;Note:
Because I don't own a gen 5 Pokémon game (Black/White 1 or 2) I am unable to support games that came after the ones I listed.
- If you do have WiFi, game and DS/3DS but for some reason is unable to connect to the WiFi, this will be helpful: [link]PRIZE
The prize is the only reason why those requirements above are being made.1st Place:
A legitimately caught shiny Charmander. I've spent hours during three days resetting my game until the starter was finally a shiny, and that's the one I am giving away to the winner. 2nd Place:
Since the contest finally reached 10 contestants, I'm adding a second shiny to the mix.
I still need to decide which one will it be so give me a while to think and come check this area here later.
Even though the voting was poor, according to the results in this [link]
the shiny of choice for second place is Pidgeot. So that's it. Second place prize is a legitimately caught shiny Pidgeot! This one was pure luck and my first shiny since Pokémon Silver and Crystal. Found him as a Pidgey on Route 1 while training my Charmander (not the one from the prize) to battle my rival next to the entrance to the League, still at the very beginning of the game on Pokémon FireRed on the emulator then transferred over to my SoulSilver game through emulated Pal Park then the GTS.Charmander[link] [link] [link]Pidgeot[link] [link] [link]
At first I am planning only one prize, but if I get enough participants maybe I can add a prize for second and maybe third places. I have three other shinies I could add as prizes: Pidgeot, Fearow and Tangela.
Charmander's stats are:Gender:
nature. Likes to trash about.Level:
8 (I battled a couple times with him against some level 5 Pidgeys and Ratatas)Exp. Points:
337 (to next level: 42)Item held:
None. (Maybe I add a Charcoal)HP:
Blaze (Powers up Fire-type moves in a pinch.)Moves:
Scratch, Growl, Ember (If you wish, I can teach him the following HM moves: Cut, Rock Smash)
Pidgeot's stats are:Gender:
nature. Somewhat vain.Level:
53 (transferred from FireRed through emulated Pal Park then the official GTS to SoulSilver at level 52.)Exp. Points:
141688 (to next level: 8788)Item held:
Keen Eye (Prevents the Pokémon from losing accuracy.)Moves:
Wing Attack, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, FlyPRIZE DELIVERY
Once the winner is announced, he or she will have to trade Friend Codes with me and then we will have to agree on a common time for trading. Because of different time zones, that is something very important. A direct trade through Friend Codes is the safest way to give Charmander/Pidgeot to the right person. In return I ask nothing. Any puny, random, low leveled Pokémon you have is fine just so you can receive your Charmander/Pidgeot. However, if you do happen to have a spare Poochyena, Gulpin, Wailmer or a Sinnoh starter, I'd appreciate.
use the GTS for the prize delivery if you so wish. You will need to be very specific on the data about your trade so I can find you or you can find my Charmander/Pidgeot. However, because the GTS is open for all, I am not responsible if Charmander/Pidgeot ends up in the hands of the wrong person.
If you choose trade over the GTS and that happens then I am so sorry, but consider shiny Charmander/Pidgeot gone forever. To prevent that from happening I am highly suggesting a direct trade through Friend Codes. It's the safest way to receive your Pokémon.
If you do not have access to your gen. 4 game or your DS or you cannot for some reason connect to the WiFi, you can ask a friend to use theirs so you can, later on, transfer Charmander/Pidgeot to your game. If you have a gen. 5 game, only for example, you can ask a friend with a gen.4 game to receive it for you then transfer to your Pokémon Black/White 1/2. I believe that should work. However, once Charmander/Pidgeot leaves my game, I am not responsible for him or what may happen to him
so have that in mind if you are going to use someone's help to receive the prize.Need a source of inspiration? Then click on these links: [link] [link] [link] [link] CONTESTANTS
No slots limit. The more people the best. The prize is special, after all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please, also read theseAsk Mike a Question. I Dare You!
---> [link] Pokémon Trading